Have you noticed any suspicious emails in your inbox lately? You’re not alone.
Every day, cyber criminals send 3 billion emails designed to look like they’re from companies or people you know – just like this one.
Don’t take the bait! To spot a phishing email, watch out for these 7 red flags:
- Unfamiliar or generic greetings
- Inconsistent or unusual sender information
- Spelling and grammar mistakes
- Links that don’t match legitimate URLs
- Suspicious attachments
- Alarming content demanding urgent action
- Requests for login credentials, payment information, or sensitive data
If you see something, say something.
Report phishing emails to Nick Cartony at email@example.com.